6 tablespoons olive oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon fresh-ground black pepper 8 lamb rib chops
Light the grill or heat the broiler. In a shallow dish, combine 4 tablespoons of the oil with the garlic, salt, and pepper. Add the lamb chops and turn to coat.
Grill over high heat or broil the lamb chops for 5 minutes, basting with the remaining 2 tablespoons oil. Turn and cook until done, about 5 minutes longer.
1. Add four teaspoons of chopped fresh rosemary to the garlic and oil mixture.
2. Add three tablespoons of chopped fresh sage and an additional tablespoon olive oil to the garlic and oil mixture.
3. Use lamb loin chops instead of rib chops.
1. When grilling quick-cooking items such as chops, turn them only once. If you leave the meat alone for a few minutes, it will have a chance to form a nice brown crust. If you move it too soon, the meat will stick, and you'll pull off the incipient crust. Once that brown edge forms, the meat is easy to move.
2. When you do turn the meat, use tongs or a spatula. Never poke a fork into the meat or the precious juices will escape.
* Recipe and picture courtesy of Food & Wine